Saturday, November 09, 2013

The Recent Onslaught of Amish Reality Shows... Discuss.

'Breaking Amish', 'Amish Mafia', 'Vanilla Ice Goes Amish' and now 'Breaking The Faith'

Seems that the television world is rife with Amish living.  Why now?  Why at the same time as programs such as 'Honey Boo Boo', 'Toddlers and Tiaras' and 'Sister Wives' (which freaks me out on another creepo level)?

TLC used to be known as The Learning Channel.  Now I can't help but wonder what we are supposed to be learning.

Discuss.

3 comments:

The Asian Pear said...

I think it's not really "learning" anymore. That's why they market themslves as "TLC" and not "The Learning Channel."

I like to think of TLC more like the bad reality tv channel now. Jus look at their line-up: My Five Wives, Long Island Medium, Extreme Cheapskates, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Extreme Cougher Wives, Virgin Diaries, etc.

(Don't worry, I don't watch these. I went to the website to check.)

Webgrrl74 said...

LOL.... sure!! ;)

Yeah. I've been shocked at both the Mormon and Amish reality shows. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

I think it's not really "learning" anymore. That's why they market themslves as "TLC" and not "The Learning Channel


www.golden-slot.com